(Audiobook) When I Was a Child I Read Books — 9780374298784

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    witenberg
    Participant

When I Was a Child I Read Books
    by Marilynne Robinson

???? When I Was a Child I Read Books — READ MORE ????

• Language: english
    • Format: hardcover, 224 pages
    • ISBN: 9780374298784 (0374298785)
    • Release date: March 13, 2012
    • Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
    • Genres: essays, religion, philosophy, memoir, literature, biography, politics, writing
    • Author: Marilynne Robinson

About The Book

Since the 1981 publication of Marilynne Robinson’s novel, Housekeeping — a stunning debut that was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize — she has built a sterling reputation not only as a writer of sharp, subtly moving prose, but also as a rigorous thinker and incisive essayist. Her compelling and demanding collection The Death of Adam — in which she reflected on her Presbyterian upbringing, investigated the roots of Midwestern abolitionism, and mounted a memorable defense of Calvinism — is respected as a classic of the genre, praised by Doris Lessing as “a useful antidote to the increasingly crude and slogan-loving culture we inhabit.”

In this new collection she returns to the themes which have preoccupied her work: the role of faith in modern life, the inadequacy of fact, the contradictions inherent in human nature. Clear-eyed and forceful as ever, Robinson demonstrates once again why she is regarded as a modern rhetorical master.

MP3 book When I Was a Child I Read Books by Marilynne Robinson download on iPhone. FictionBook ebook When I Was a Child I Read Books on Powells. Hardcover When I Was a Child I Read Books Marilynne Robinson read PC on Books-a-Million. PDF book When I Was a Child I Read Books buy.

Hardback ebook When I Was a Child I Read Books by Marilynne Robinson read online for iOS. MOBI When I Was a Child I Read Books on Booktopia. Paperback book When I Was a Child I Read Books buy cheap iPad on Dymocks. TXT ebook When I Was a Child I Read Books Marilynne Robinson download.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.