• Release date: May 1, 2010
    • Awards: Carnegie Medal Nominee (2011)
    • Language: english
    • Author: Emma Craigie
    • Publisher: Short Books
    • ISBN: 9781906021894 (1906021899)
    • Format: paperback, 204 pages

About The Book

“My turn!” says Uncle Leader, who has been watching us. He wants his photograph taken with me too. “You, Helga Goebbels, are my favourite girl in the whole world,” he says. “If only you were 20 years older!” He leans over me, his smell like the furniture in the servants’ quarters. The photographer is laughing. Papa is laughing. But I don’t take any notice. I turn right away and stare at the camera.

Chocolate Cake with Hitler tells the remarkable story of Helga Goebbels, twelve-year-old daughter of the Nazi Party’s head of propaganda, who spent the last ten days of her life cooped up in Adolf Hitler’s bunker in Berlin.

As defeat closes in on the Germans, life in the bunker becomes increasingly fraught. There’s chocolate cake every day for tea with Uncle ‘Leader’, but Helga cannot help noticing that all is not well among the grown-ups. Her parents grow more and more distracted and tense, the bunker grows daily more empty and, as even the soldiers who have been guarding them take their leave, Helga is faced with a terrible truth. Perhaps her golden childhood has not been all that it seemed…

Hardcover ebook Chocolate Cake With Hitler by Emma Craigie. TXT book Chocolate Cake With Hitler buy for iPhone on Walmart. MP3 Chocolate Cake With Hitler read on Powells.

PDF book Chocolate Cake With Hitler Emma Craigie download PocketBook. FB2 Chocolate Cake With Hitler Emma Craigie. Paperback ebook Chocolate Cake With Hitler read online on reader on IndieBound.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.