She Called Me Woman by Azeenarh Mohammed – buy book – 9781911115595

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    witenberg
    Participant

She Called Me Woman
    by Azeenarh Mohammed, Chitra Nagarajan, ‎Aisha Salau

???? She Called Me Woman | READ MORE ????

• Publisher: Cassava Republic Press
    • Genres: lgbt, queer, africa, essays, feminism, nigeria, race, politics
    • Format: paperback, 344 pages
    • ISBN: 9781911115595 (1911115596)
    • Author: Azeenarh Mohammed, Chitra Nagarajan, ‎Aisha Salau
    • Language: english
    • Release date: April 26, 2018

About The Book

“We put together this collection of thirty narratives to correct the invisibility, the confusion, the caricaturising and the writing out of queer women from history.”

This stirring and intimate collection brings together 30 captivating narratives to paint a vivid portrait of what it means to be a queer Nigerian woman. Covering an array of experiences — the joy and excitement of first love, the agony of lost love and betrayal, the sometimes-fraught relationship between sexuality and spirituality, addiction and suicide, childhood games and laughter — She Called Me Woman sheds light on how Nigerian queer women, despite their differences, attempt to build a life together in a climate of fear.

Through first-hand accounts, She Called Me Woman challenges us to rethink what it means to be a Nigerian ‘woman’, negotiating relationships, money, sexuality and freedom, identifying outside the gender binary, and the difficulties of achieving hopes and dreams under the constraints of societal expectations and legal terrorism.

These beautifully told stories of resistance and resilience reveal the realities of a community that refuses to be invisible any longer.

FB2 book She Called Me Woman by Azeenarh Mohammed. PDF She Called Me Woman buy cheap for reader on Audible. MP3 ebook She Called Me Woman download on Kobo. Online book She Called Me Woman Azeenarh Mohammed read Android. Paperback ebook She Called Me Woman Azeenarh Mohammed read online.

MOBI She Called Me Woman buy on Mac on Books-a-Million. FictionBook ebook She Called Me Woman iOS. Hardcover She Called Me Woman by Azeenarh Mohammed download on Amazon. Hardback book She Called Me Woman by Azeenarh Mohammed download on PC. EPUB She Called Me Woman read on Book Depository.

TXT ebook She Called Me Woman Azeenarh Mohammed buy cheap. Hardcover book She Called Me Woman for iPhone on Booktopia. Paperback She Called Me Woman read online on iPad on Walmart. FictionBook book She Called Me Woman by Azeenarh Mohammed. Hardback ebook She Called Me Woman download for PocketBook.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.